Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sources Summary (3)


McCallum, Ellen L. "Toward a Photography of Love: The Tain of the Photograph in Anne Carson's Autobiography of Red." Project Muse- Postmodern Culture. Project Muse, May 2007. Web. 25 Feb. 2011. Print. <http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/postmodern_culture/summary/v017/17.3mccallum.html>.

I found this to be an interesting and a “new understand” source because of the idea brought up within it about the “end” of a photograph, and the factors of that moment taken in time. The factor that is brought up appealing this idea is that: “might photography’s end be a proliferation rather than a singular event” (McCallum). This means to me that a photograph forms new perceptions “outside the box/picture” after it has already been captured.

            Sontag, Susan. Susan Sontag On Photography. New York City: Picador: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 1977. 3-24. Print.

I’m using this source of Susan’s in my paper because I believe it brings up very valuable points of cultural moral aspects that reflect the social impact of photography as a whole outstanding view. In her essay, “The Plato’s Cave” she explains the theory behind the actual drawing of the cave itself and the cognitive relationships in it; I feel as thought I can relate to this with my own ideas that I have gained in acknowledge through my participation in class. I will explain the issues that I find mind boggling with a sense of personal interventions in my life.


            Szarkowski, John. William Eggleston's Guide. New York: The Museum of Modern Art, 2007. 5-14. Print.

Szarkowski essay was another reliable source I felt I could use to connect my thoughts and ideas to. By using his quotes though out my essay, I will identify and make creditable account to my “unique” and “new understanding” of ideas- based off social and cultural impacts that are established through out the society and alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment